Family Resource Center
Established in 1996 through an anonymous donor, the Methodist Jennie Edmundson Family Resource Center (FRC) is a FREE service for the community. Fully funded by the Jennie Edmundson Foundation and located on the lower level of Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital, the FRC is staffed by professional nurses and is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday. The staff is available on Fridays for presentations to community schools, churches, civic groups and organizations. View the Family Resource Center video now.
The FRC is an innovative center where patients, family members and the community can receive free, easy-to-understand health information on any health or wellness topic. Resources include:
- Customized health information packets for patients, families and the community – serving over 140,000 clients in 2010
- Information about local and national support groups and resources
- Brochures, videos/DVDs, consumer health books and internet searches
- Business center with computer access, free printing, faxing, copying and TV/DVD viewing area
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome
- FRC increases awareness through Shaken Baby Task Force
- Click here for information on the Shaken Baby Task Force.
- Click here to watch a video about the Shaken Baby Task Force
- Memory Bag for Grieving Children
- Click here for information on the "Memory Bag."
"Pinwheels for PREVENTION" Join Mayors Hanafan & Suttle as the Metro Kicks-Off Prevent Child Abuse Month on Saturday, April 6, 2013 on the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge.
The Family Resource Center celebrated its 15th Anniversary in June of 2011 with Mayor Thomas Hanafan on hand to read a proclamation. For the complete story click on News below.
Click on the year below for updates on the activities of the Family Resource Center:
Thank you for your interest in the Family Resource Center at Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital. We welcome your questions and comments and will make every attempt to respond to you within one business day. If you would like to receive information on health and wellness topics, please e-mail Jean Armstrong, RN at email@example.com, by phone (712-396-4200) or Fax (712-396-4368). To print a copy of the Family Resource Brochure click here.